Thursday, July 29, 2010

All Creatures of Our God and King !!!

I had reached for my personal hymn book this morning, opened randomly, and my eyes fell on All Creatures of Our God and King. As I stood on the deck here on the Ridge overlooking the beautiful scene of God’s handiwork, I called out to all the creatures and creation to join me, and began to sing the words of this hymn of St. Francis of Assisi.

I was moving through the verses in rhythm, calling out to the burning sun, the silver moon, the rushing wind, the rising morn, the lights of evening, the flowing water, the fire so masterful and bright, and then my eyes and voice fell upon the next verse and I continued to sing, stunned that my Abba Father would use this word to wing my prayers and thoughts and His gentle comfort to our dear friends in Florida, the family of James Bryan Worden. Hear the words of St.Francis –

All, all ye men of tender heart, Forgiving others, take your part, O sing ye – Alleluia !
Ye who long pain and sorrow bear, Praise God and on Him cast your care.
O praise Him, O praise Him, Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia……………………..

It filled my heart with sorrow and with joy, a tender mixture of the Father’s Grace and Mercy….

Bryan Worden, a man with a tender heart, forgiving others, has taken his part – in singing praises to the Lord of creation forever.
Bryan has long pain and sorrow born, and He continued to praise God and on Him cast his care….
Our loving Father said now is the pain over, come and enter my rest…. And join – O sing ye !!
Alleluia, Alleluia, alleluia ………

Today Bryan’s family gathers. Please lift them up, as they grieve but not as others who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again ….. so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore, encourage one another with these words. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment